- Hook and loop Velcro (sticky back)
- ½ inch elastic long enough to wrap around child’s hand one time with overlap of 1 inch
Sew a 1 inch piece of hook Velcro to one end of elastic and a one inch piece of loop Velcro to another end. Sew a two inch piece of hook Velcro at the middle of elastic. Stick a piece of loop Velcro onto the toy that the child wishes to play with to allow for grasping.
• Two - 1/2 in. PVC Pressure Tee Connectors
• One - 1/2 in. PVC Nipple
• One 1/4 in. x 1 in. thumb screw
(PVC and other materials are available at Home Depot or similar hardware store).
1. Drill a 1/4 inch hole into one of the PVC Tees in the center where all angles meet. (See photo).
2. Assemble the pencil holder by attaching a PVC Tee to each end of the PVC Nipple.
3. Thread the thumb screw into the drilled hole.
- Crayons (like I said, you could use ones you already have or buy some. I purchased 5 boxes of 24-pack crayons for 20 cents each - back to school bargains!)
- mini muffin pan (one that you don’t mind getting a little crayon on)
- exacto knife (optional)
Discarded 35 mm film canister
Cut an X in the bottom and top of the film canister. Insert the crayon through the Xs. Note: By using both top and bottom of canister the crayon is more stable.